We are hosting our 1st Annual Trunk-or-Treat from 2-4 p.m. on Saturday, October 21st (October 28 rain date) in the Woodland Hills Jr./Sr. High School parking lot!
This H.U.G.S. (Helping Unconditionally by Giving Support) event provides an opportunity for families in our community to enjoy a safe and free trick-or-treating experience! The parking lot will be transformed into candy stations where groups can decorate their cars and pass out candy from their trunks. Halfway through the event (3 pm), H.U.G.S. Volunteers will lead children in a costume parade. The day will end with the awarding of the highly coveted “Trunk-or-Treat” trophy.
We Need You!
The Trunk-or-Treating guidelines include:
1. Gather your team. Ask your family, friends, parent group, booster club, teachers, or neighbors to host a trunk station with you! Brainstorm ideas for your theme.
2. Sign up! If you are interested in hosting a trunk station, please sign up by October 6 at Trunk-or-Treat or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “Trunk or Treat” in the subject line (please provide your name, contact info, and if you plan to host a peanut-free trunk).
3. On October 21, pull your vehicle into a WHSD parking space located at 2550 Greensburg Pike (back/side lot). The parking lot will open at 1:00 pm for Trunk-or-Treat cars only. Candy stations must be ready for Trunk-or-Treaters by 2:00 pm.
4. Decorate your trunk. Unique, fun, and family-oriented designs are encouraged. Creativity is good, but so is a simple Halloween tablecloth! Gore, weapons, horror, and showing disrespect to other groups is not permitted. Wear a costume (if you want)! Set up folding chairs next to your trunk.
5. Have your treats ready. Children in 6th grade and below are invited to participate. Please provide enough candy for 100 children. The H.U.G.S. Volunteer program will provide additional candy for your station if/when you run out. Peanut-free trunks will be marked (please consider hosting a peanut-free trunk)!
If you are not hosting a trunk, please consider donating a bag of candy to H.U.G.S. You can send it in with your student to be dropped off in the office (labeled H.U.G.S.) by October 13. No homemade treats will be accepted. Thank you!
If you are coming to this event only to trick or treat please park in the main/front lot. For safety purposes, we will have attendants directing traffic. We look forward to seeing everyone in costume!
If you have any questions, please contact Stephania McLaughlin at email@example.com or 412-969-6655.