Central Registration is now located at the Woodland Hills Administrative Center at Fairless. Located at 531 Jones Avenue, North Braddock. Click Here for Directions. Please call 412-731-1300 ext. 0110 to schedule an appointment for student enrollment.
Kindergarten registration with kindergarten screenings are done in the spring at the elementary schools. Children must be 5 years of age by September 1st of the year they plan to start school.
There are a number of documents we will need to receive from you to establish residency within our District, as well as requirements for your child(ren) before entering school. They are highlighted below:
Documents requested by the WHSD School Board for student registration:
- Current deed or lease agreement or Notarized Affidavit of Residency.
Any one (1) of the following must be provided in addition to the above:
- Valid PA Department of Transportation: license or identification with current district address.
- Valid PA automobile registration.
- Current (within thirty (30) days) utility bills (gas, electric, cable, water) with district address.
- Current tax statements with district address.
- Current check stubs from wages with district address.
- Copy of state/federal program enrollment.
- Current credit card bill.
In addition, Parent/Guardian will also present the following for the child(ren) :
- Birth or baptismal certificate or current passport with child(ren)’s date of birth. Prior school record indicating date of birth.
- Proof of immunization required by law – acceptable documentation includes:
a. Student’s immunization record.
b. Written statement from prior school district or a medical office that the required immunizations have been administered or that a required series is being administered.
c. Verbal assurances from prior school district or a medical office that required immunizations have been completed, with records to follow.
- Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship, if applicable. (Sworn Statement of Resident in support of free school privileges for nonresident child)
No child will be registered until residency can be proven. No child will be admitted
to school without proof of immunizations.
The above list of acceptable documents is subject to change at any time according to
mandated requirements from the PA Department of Education.
The school district reserves the right to request proof of residence of any resident
with school age children at any time.
They must have all updated shots, including Hepatitis B, two doses of MMR, and two doses of the varicella (chickenpox) vaccine. (More Information) Please remember that Immunization records will be reviewed by the school nurse for required updates prior to child(ren) starting school.
If you have any questions regarding registration procedures, please contact the Central Registration Office at 412-731-1300 ext. 0110 to set up a registration appointment.
You may contact your local neighborhood school for information at the numbers listed below:
Wilkins Elementary STEAM Academy
241 Maple Avenue
Edgewood, PA 15218
Edgewood Elementary STEAM Academy
362 Churchill Road
Wilkins Township, PA 15235
Woodland Hills Intermediate (6-8)
7600 Evans St.
Swissvale, PA 15218
Turtle Creek Elementary STEAM Academy
126 Monroeville Avenue
Turtle Creek, PA 15145
Woodland Hills High School (Grades 9-12)
2550 Greensburg Pike
Churchill, PA 15221
Woodland Hills Administrative Center at Fairless
531 Jones Avenue
North Braddock, PA 15104