- On Fridays in May, in partnership with the United Way and Eat n' Park, meals for adults will be distributed at the same time as the student meals between 11:00 and 1:00. This is first-come first-serve until meals run out.
- Pandemic EBT in Pennsylvania ***Updated May 7, 2020 The Family’s First Coronavirus Response Act authorized a new benefit to help families who have children who are eligible for free or reduced-price school meals called Pandemic-EBT. The benefit will come on an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card, which is like a debit card.
The benefits can only be spent only on food items. Click here for more information. No school district meal application is necessary. To learn about Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits go to SNAP FACTS .
- Click here to apply for benefits on COMPASS
- NEW MAY 12 --- GRAB AND GO DINNERS from 3:00 to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday at the Rankin Christian Center for anyone 18 and under through June 12 in the back parking lot.
Beginning Thursday, March 19 students may receive GRAB and GO Breakfast and Lunch Monday through Friday from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM at the following locations:
As of 3/23/2020 the PA Summer Food Service Program requires that students need to be present to receive the meal(s). Woodland Hills does not have a waiver for parent|guardian only meal pick up. The SFSP meals are made available on a first-come first-serve basis. Every effort will be made to have meals available daily for all children who want to receive a meal but there may be occasions where demand exceeds what was prepared.
These are open sites where any child up to and including 18 years old may receive meals and demand varies each day.
- District Administration Building located at 531 Jones Ave North Braddock PA 15104
Meals will be distributed to students at the side entrance located next to the parking lot.
- East Pittsburgh Community Center|Gym located at 506 Bessemer Ave and Main St East Pittsburgh PA 15112
Meals will be distributed in the parking lot of the Community Center at Bessemer Ave and Main Street.
- Rankin School located at 235 Fourth Ave Rankin PA 15104
Meals will be distributed at the front entrance of the building.
- Turtle Creek Elementary Steam Academy located at 126 Monroeville Ave Turtle Creek PA 15145
Meals will be distributed to students from door #2 located at the driveway to the right of the front entrance to the school.
- Woodland Hills Intermediate School located at 7600 Evans Street Swissvale PA 15218
Meals will be distributed to students from door #2 located to the right of the entrance ramp to the school.
- Students may receive meals at one location that is most convenient to their home.
- Students will receive one lunch and one breakfast at the same time.
- Students will receive additional meals for the weekend on Thursday and Friday.
- The meals are intended to be GRAB and GO. The facilities will not be open to use as a place to eat the meals.
- The State of Pennsylvania stipulates that students need to be present to receive the meal(s). The district does not have a waiver for parent|guardian only pick up.
Propel Braddock Hills Elementary School is serving meals 10:00 AM to Noon Mondays and Thursdays. Breakfast and Lunch. Multiple days meals at each distribution.
|Find community resources in your area (food, transportation, health, education, work. etc)
Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank Our Response to COVID-19 Questions? Call 412-460-3663 pittsburghfoodbank.org
The Food Bank is committed to making sure all of our neighbors have access to enough food during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Our events may look a little different than you’re used to, but we are still here to help. Our distributions offer individuals and families 30 to 50 pounds of foods such as fresh produce, meat and other pantry staples.
Bring bags, boxes or a rolling cart. We will not have people to help you to your car with groceries. You will get 35 to 50 pounds of food at each of our distributions. Locations of these events may change. Check our website before attending an event. Click here for list.
FOODSHARE EVENTS at the Food Bank 1 N Linden St | Duquesne, PA 15110
Monday, April 27 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Braddock, North Braddock, East Pittsburgh and Rankin
3rd Saturday, 8 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Rankin, Braddock and Swissvale and North Braddock
1st Wednesday, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
3rd Wednesday, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
RCC operates a food pantry for the Rankin community, in collaboration with the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank and Giant Eagle, Edgewood Town Center and Aldi. Anyone who meets income and residency requirements is eligible.
➤Daily- Bakery and Produce items arrive daily. Giant Eagle Edgewood Town Center and Aldi generously donates items to be distributed to those in need
➤Monthly – Qualified applicants are scheduled for monthly pickup of food
The fuel assistance program helps area residents with emergency fuel payments/assistance on a limited basis.
Check for eligibility
Contact the Rankin Christian Center to see if you are eligible to receive this program.