Information for Parents:
The Keystone Exams are end-of-course tests designed by the state of Pennsylvania to check that all students are proficient in certain subject areas. Beginning with the 2012-2013 school year, the Algebra 1, Literature, and Biology Keystone Exams replaced the 11th grade PSSA tests in math, reading, and science.
All students in any grade level enrolled in Biology, Literature or Algebra 1 will take the Keystone that year at the conclusion of the course. The exam will count towards their 11th grade testing requirements, regardless of when it is taken.
Students who have not met proficiency on previous attempts in Biology, Literature or Algebra 1 may also be re-tested.
KEYSTONE TEST INFORMATION:
PDE information and Keystone Exam overview: CLICK HERE
Parent information sheet: CLICK HERE
Electronics/Cell phone information: CLICK HERE
Calculator policy: CLICK HERE
Code of Conduct for Test Takers: CLICK HERE
2019 Spring Keystone Schedule:
ALGEBRA I TESTS: MAY 13-14
BIOLOGY TESTS: MAY 16-17
LITERATURE TESTS: MAY 21-22
- 7th Grade WHJSHS Students: Report at REGULAR TIME on all testing days
- 8th-12th Grade WHJSHS Students that are assigned to test: Report at REGULAR TIME on all assigned testing days
- 8th-12th Grade WHJSHS Students that are NOT assigned to test: Pick-up via regular bus at regular stop on 3-hour delay on all testing days
- 7th-12th Grade Rankin Promise Students: Report at REGULAR TIME on all testing days
- All Forbes (AM & PM) students: Report at REGULAR TIME on all testing days (AM & PM Forbes will come in on the regular 7:20 am start)
- All ‘door-to-door’ transportation students: Report at REGULAR TIME on all testing days
- Partial day/Work study students: 11:30 Work study/half day bus will NOT run. Dr. Woods has agreed to school excuse the students who are on a half-day schedule for the testing dates that are indicated above.
Woodland Hills Junior/Senior High School
Mr. Jeff Brand