PSSA Testing Dates
ELA: April 15-19
Math: April 29- May 3
What is the PSSA?
The annual PA System of School Assessment (PSSA) is a standards based assessment. It is used to measure a student’s attainment of the academic standards while also determining the degree to which school programs enable students to attain proficiency of the standards. All students in grades 3-8 ELA and Math.
Tips for PSSA Preparation
- Make sure you don’t schedule any appointments for your child during the testing week.
- See that your child gets enough sleep and a healthy breakfast before testing.
- Remind your child to listen carefully to directions and to ask questions if unclear.
- Encourage your child do his/her best and to behave properly during testing.
- Remember to keep well informed about your child’s tests.
- Know how results are used and how they affect your child’s placement in school.